We want to Introduced anOcare in every public and private health sector by opening organic canteen for giving health benefit to every patient specially for cancer patients.
Now one question arise why organic product is essential for cancer patient.Because organic products have different nutrients and also build up Immunity.
Experts at the National Cancer Center in Singapore (NCCS) , a member of the Sing Health Group , advice patients to eat the right foods before , during and after treatment .
Importance of organic foods which provides by anOcare...
- Tomatoes, carrots, and pumpkin for vitamins and fibre
- Tomatoes, tomato puree and parsley (especially good for prostate cancer patients)
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli contain plant chemicals that can convert bad oestrogen into good oestrogen, and hence reduce cancer risk as well as the risk of a relapse
- Green leafy vegetables for calcium and iron
- Oranges provide vitamin C
- Bananas, mangoes, pears and strawberries for vitamins and fibre
- Guava for energy
- Lean meat, fish, poultry and eggs
- Dairy products, nuts, dried beans, dhals and chickpeas
- Fish and soy foods (especially good for prostate cancer patients)
- Potatoes, beans and dairy products
- Honey, consumed in moderation for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which may help in preventing infections
Foods to avoid as a cancer patient
- Deep fried, grilled, barbequed, baked meats since subjecting animal protein to high heat creates carcinogenic byproducts called heterocyclic amines
- Excessive intake of salt, sugar, and oily foods
- Red meat and processed meats such as bacon, ham, sausages
- Preserved foods like pickles, jams, kiam chye (salted mustard green), and century eggs as they contain nitrites which are carcinogeni
- Minimise alcohol
Additionally, cancer patients should avoid excessive intake of vitamin supplements, as they act as antioxidants and can interfere with chemotherapy when taken in large doses.